Welcome to “Waterval! Learning Dutch in Maastricht“, the language school for Dutch and Inburgering – experience, enthusiasm, and empathy guaranteed. Cool, well-structured classes, enthusiastic and empathic teacher, books that are fun to work with, and lots of clear and effective online support (grammar, vocabulary, audio). We’re into Dutch for you and for the ♥ of languages, not for the money!
Summer courses 2017
|Week of July 31, 2017||2017-41, summer course 0-A1||2017-41, summer course 0-A1||2017-41, summer course 0-A1||2017-41, summer course 0-A1||2017-41, summer course 0-A1
|Week of August 7||2017-42, summer course A1-A2||2017-42, summer course A1-A2||2017-42, summer course A1-A2||2017-42, summer course A1-A2||2017-42, summer course A1-A2|
|Week of August 14||2017-43, summer course A2-B1||2017-43, summer course A2-B1||2017-43, summer course A2-B1||2017-43, summer course A2-B1||2017-43, summer course A2-B1|
|Week of August 21||2017-44, summer course B1-B2||2017-44, summer course B1-B2||2017-44, summer course B1-B2||2017-44, summer course B1-B2||2017-44, summer course B1-B2|
|Week of August 28||2017-45, summer course B2-C||2017-45, summer course B2-C||2017-45, summer course B2-C||2017-45, summer course B2-C||2017-45, summer course B2-C|
- Positive, genuinely interested teachers
- Learning by doing: learn to speak by speaking
- Well-structured courses, step by step
- Lots of effective exercises and audio material online
- Plenty of help with cultural and bureaucratic pitfalls
- Affordable prices (199€/20 hours) for quality teaching – no humbug, no bla bla
Still an expat? Become an inpat! We can help you integrate as smoothly as possible!
* Learning Dutch – the idea
* We focus on speaking, as both the means and the end of our initial teaching. Only by speaking you can learn to speak, and gain the confidence you can communicate in a language.
* Pleasure is an effect of good education, but it’s a condition too. You memorize nice things and you learn when you feel good!
* Vocabulary and grammar, the bricks and mortar of language, get presented in a playful way – they can be fun too. Clear rules, explanations and (online) drills give you something to hold on to.
* All means – books, papers, songs, films – are use to catch your attention. We bring the Dutch alive with papers, programs, songs, stories, plays and games. Learn faster in flexible situations, make your personal “method mix”, and find your way along!
* Learning Dutch – the teaching cycle
This is how we work in our courses:
Welcome chat → homework → vocabulary → book dialogue→
grammar→ practice →
speech bits → roleplays → conversation/interaction→ feedback→
reading→ listening→ speaking→ writing→
homework→ e-learning tools→
* Blended learning
* Everything mentioned above comes together in Waterval! (“waterfall”*): books and a web site containing audio and exercises with meaningful feedback. Have a look at the general training website – or at Quizlet, the special vocabulary site.
* The Dutch say: “Hij/Zij is een spraakwaterval“, he or she is a waterfall of speech. That’s what we aim at: to make a fluent speaker of you. You’ll experience a “waterfall of Dutch” at Waterval, a shower of Dutch. Together, we’ll find the mix that suits you best!
With a little help from Packages-seo